It is important to know all about it to make an informed decision when buying a tfmini lidar sensors. This guide will help you understand how to choose a tfmini lidar sensors that will meet your needs.
10 tfmini lidar sensors: Editor Recommended
10 tfmini lidar sensors Review:
1. Stemedu Small TFmini-S Lidar Sensor Benewake 0.1-12m TOF Micro Laser Range Finder Module Lightweight Distance Detector Sensor with UART / I2C Interface for Drone for Ar duino Raspberry Pi Pixhawk
- 🚩 TFmini-S laser sensor is the improved version of TFmini, it is a single-point micro ranging module. Note: TFmini-s version is UART by default. If you need I2C, please switch by yourself. It is compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- 🚩 It is based on ToF principle and integrated with unique optical and electrical designs, stable, precise, high sensitivity and high-speed distance detection.
- 🚩 Operating Range : 0.1-12m, applicable voltage range : 4.5-6V, Communication interface : UART/I2C
- 🚩 Aapplication: drones, UAVs, Robots and industrial equipments. Traffic Monitoring, Obstacle detection Level measurement, Smart device, Security and obstacle avoidance, Distance measuring instrument
- 🚩 How to contact us to get the user document ? Please click “Stemedu”(you can find “Sold by Stemedu” under Buy Now button), in the new page, click “Ask a question” to email us.
2. MakerFocus TFmini-s Micro Lidar Module 0.1-12M Lidar Range Finder Sensor Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Tiny Module 1000Hz Single Point UART I2C IO Compatible with Pixhawk Ar duino and Raspberry Pi
- ★ ★ Note: TFmini-s version is UART by default. If you need I2C, please switch by yourself. It is compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino. ★ User Manual and Document: Please get the link from the product description below .
- Upgraded Lidar Module: TFmini-s is an upgraded single-point micro ranging module based on TFmini. The dead zone is shortened to 10 cm, and the outdoor performance and accuracy of different reflectances are improved.
- Tiny Body Yet Big Wisdom: low-cost, small-size and low power consumption. Distance Resolution is 1cm, frame rate is 100Hz, ambient light immunity is 70Klux and central wavelength is 850nm.
- Tiny Yet Powerful: It is based on ToF (Time of Flight) principle and integrated with unique optical and electrical designs, so as to achieve stable, precise, high sensitivity and high-speed distance detection.
- Main Application Scenario: Pedestrian detection, vehicle detection, intelligent barrier gate and altimeter.
Additional Info :
3. Stemedu TFmini Plus Lidar Range Finder Sensor Waterproof Micro Distance Detection Module, UART I2C IIC I/O Anti-dust 1000Hz
- 🚩 TFmini Plus is a milestone of Benewake in the process of promoting the cost-effective -LiDAR. Apart from low-cost, small-size and low-power-consumption, TFmini Plus also improves the frame rate, introduces.
- 🚩 The difference between TFmini and TFmini Plus: TFmini Plus is more safe stable, open form module, TFmini Plus has been designed with IP65 enclosures, and also passed the vibration test of drone level, which will greatly expand its application range.
- 🚩 This TFmini plus Li-DAR module is compatible with both the UART and I2C interface. Different interfaces can be switched by commands.
- 🚩 How to email us? Please click “Stemedu”(you can find “Sold by Stemedu” under Buy Now button), in the new page, click “Ask a question” to email us
Additional Info :
4. DIYmall Benewake TFmini Plus Laser Level Distance Sensor Waterproof IP65 Lidar Range Finder UART Anti-dust 12m 1000Hz UART for Arduino Raspberry Pi STM32
- Document link: http://en(dot)benewake(dot)com/support_data?catename=03c54a91-8f9a-409f-985d-37acc68f7bf4&supportid=aa1f432c-e06b-4e39-924a-7a78ac05714b
- Feature: Operating range: 0.1m-12m, Range solution：5mm, FOV: 3.6 degree, Frame rate: 1-1000Hz(adjustable)
- Waterproof IP65 and anti-dust
- Interface: UART, I/O and IIC. Default is UART, you can send comment to set it to I/O or IIC
- Application: industrial security, smart transportation, smart home, Smart Dressing Mirror, autonomous vehicles, Smart Logistics, UAV & Drone, volume detection system, Coal Volume Measuring
Additional Info :
5. TFmini-s Lidar Sensor 0.1-12m Measurement Range Distance Single-Point Ranging Finder Module UART / I2C Compatible with Pixhawk,Ar duino and Raspberry Pi for Drone/Robot Obstacle Avoidance
- [Upgraded TFmini Lidar Module] TFmini-s, based on TFmini, is a single-point short-range LiDAR sensor. Inherited characters of low cost, small size and low power consumption from TFmini,which greatly improved its performance
- [High Performance] TFmini-s accuracy can reach up to ±1% at full range distance of 12m,increasing the measurement frequency to 1000Hz. The dead zone is shortened to 10 cm improving accuracy and stability. Ambient light immunity is 70Klux and central wavelength is 850nm,but it only keep 5.3g at weight
- [Low Power Yet High Frame Rate] In low power consumption mode, the maximum power consumption can be lower than 100mW, reducing system power consumption and further prolonging LiDAR lifetime
- [Optional Commutication Interfaces] To improve applicability, TFmini-s supports common communication interfaces — UART, IIC and IO.TFmini-s version is UART by default. If you need IIC, please switch by yourself. It also compliant with CE,RoHs,and FCC certification
- [Wiki] You can find more docs by using the document code LD0024 via the link youyeetoo.com/blog/tfmini-sld0024-56.Any technical issues after purchase please contact with our tech-support team: monica @ smartfire.cn. Or click “WayPonDEV” and ask a question
Additional Info :
6. youyeetoo TFmini-S Lidar Sensor 0.1-12m Distance Measurement Single-Point Ranging Module Compatible with Pixhawk and Raspberry Pi for Drone/Motion Detection/Robot
- 【Single-Point Ranging】TFmini-S is a single-point ranging LiDAR, 0.1-12 meters laser ranging distance ,configurable Frame Rate from 1~1000Hz, With unique optical and electrical design, it can achieve stable, accurate and highly sensitive range measurement.
- 【Low Power Consumption】TFmini-S has the advantages of low cost(< 0.7w), small volume and low power consumption, and multiple interfaces to meet different requirements.
- 【Plug and Play】To improve applicability,TFmini-S supports Pix and customization output format, and provides common communication interfaces — UART, I/O and I2C, And the lowest power consumption is 85mW.Just connecting the LIDAR and a computer or Microcontroller via a micro cable.
- 【Widely Application】Drone，Pedestrian detection, vehicle detection, intelligent barrier gate and altimeter.
- 【WIKI】youyeetoo.com/blog/tfmini-sld0024-56.We Have a Strong After-sales Service Team, Pls feel free to email us to get the LIDAR Datasheet or any questions of this module after you purchased it. How to email us? Click “youyeetoo” and ask a question.
Additional Info :
7. TFmini Plus Lidar Module Single-Point Micro Range Finder 0.1-12m IP65 Waterproof Dustproof Distance Sensor Obstacle Avoidance Module UART I2C IIC I/O
- ✨TFmini Plus is a single-point laser Li-DAR module based on TFmini. Operate range : 0.1-12m ; Frame Rate : 1Hz-1000Hz ; Communication Interface UART, I2C, I/O .
- ✨Inherited low cost, small size and low power consumption from TFmini, TFmini Plus has greatly improved its performance — increasing the measurement frequency, reducing blind zone and improving accuracy.
- ✨This lidar range finder is safe and stable. Designed with IP65 enclosures, and also passed the vibration test of drone level, which will greatly expand its application range.
- ✨ Wide Applications: Indoor parking space detection ; Drones obstacle avoidance & altitude hold mode ; Milk level detection ; People flow & height statistics ect.
- ✨Package list : 1 X TFmini Plus Lidar Module ; 1 X Cable
Additional Info :
8. Benewake TFmini-S Lidar Range Finder Sensor Module Single-Point Micro Ranging Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi Pixhawk 4.5-6V UART I2C Interface
- How to work with pixhawk : https://discuss(dot)ardupilot(dot)org/t/avoidance-experiments-with-the-poc-and-benewake-tfmini/25277；How to use with raspberry pi: https://github(dot)com/TFmini
- Communication interface : UART/I2C, Default: UART. If you need I2C, pls send configuration commands to set (After connection enter: 5A 05 0A MODE SU where MODE = 0 (UART) or 1 (IIC) and SU stands for checksum. Important: After sending the parameter configuration command, be sure to send the “Save Configuration (5A 04 11 6F)” command, otherwise the parameters will be reset when the product is connected again.)
- Operating Range : 0.1-12m, Frequency: 100Hz(1-1000Hz adjustable), Light source:VCSEL, Applicable voltage range: 4.5-6V
- Applications: Traffic Monitoring, Obstacle detection, Obstacle detection, Level measurement, Smart device, Security and obstacle avoidance etc.
- What you will get: 1PCS TFmini-S and 2PCS Cables
Additional Info :
9. JESSINIE TFmini-S Lidar Sensor 0.1-12M ToF Laser Ranging Sensor Module High Frame Rate 1000Hz Single Point Lidar Ranging Module UART I2C I/O Serial Output for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- TFmini-S is a single-point ranging radar based on TFmini upgrade. The blind area is reduced to 10cm, the outdoor ranging performance is further improved, and the ranging accuracy of different reflectivity is optimized, which can realize stable, accurate, highly sensitive and high-speed distance measurement.
- Small size, light weight, low power consumption, high frame rate (up to 1000Hz output frequency)
- Measurement range: 0.1m ~ 12m @ 90% reflectivity, Frame rate: 1-1000Hz, Light source: VCSEL, Power supply voltage: 5V ± 0.1V
- Built-in a variety of adaptation algorithms, a variety of adjustable configurations and parameters, in complex environments with excellent ranging performance, to meet the needs of customers in complex application scenarios.
- Suitable for smart home, pedestrian detection, vehicle detection, barrier anti-smashing, altimeter, intelligent robot
Additional Info :
10. SparkFun (PID 14786 TFMini – Micro LiDAR Module (Qwiic)
- TFMini ToF (Time of Flight) LiDar sensor
- Capable of measuring the distance to an object as close as 30 cm and as far as 12 meters
- Resolution: 1cm Maximum Reads Per Second: 100 Minimum Detected Object Size at 2m: 20mm
- Operating Wavelength: 850nm Signal Acceptance Angle: 2.3°
- Default I2C Address: 0x10
Additional Info :
How To Choose Your tfmini lidar sensors
If you want to purchase products like the tfmini lidar sensors, you need to follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your product before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Price: Online purchase has been renowned for offering items at the best possible prices. As such places have networks with many dealers and manufacturers, sellers offer the best deals. Moreover, there are no intermediaries, which lessens the additional costs.
- Reliability: As online stores portray customer reviews, purchasing them boosts reliability. If faced with any defect, there is a scope for you to change. Some stores have excellent customer service, pushing you to buy from there.
- Convenience: Who does not love convenience? Having everything as per your wish is something to die for. Buying a product from an online store is such. You do not have to worry about the time, the place, or the crowd. Everything happens when you want it and how you want it.
- Functionality: Check out your tfmini lidar sensors functionality when you buy it. An easy way to do that would be to check the specs. Remember, the more vast the specs, the greater your product’s functionality.
What to look for when buying the tfmini lidar sensors?
The products in the market are manifold. The variety of products is so high that it may be confusing to choose the right one for you. This is why we have created this guide for you to help you pick the right tfmini lidar sensors easily.
1. The authenticity of the Online Shop Website
I did mention earlier that shopping online is very convenient yet it’s tough to know whether the shop is genuine. Everyone can seem to create an online shop with a couple of photos and prices just to be seen as legitimate. To know whether it’s genuine, make sure to look for the following:
- Contact Details — make sure to contact them first before buying to ensure that there would be someone to attend to you and you can understand further about their service.
- Website Layout – browse and feel if the site looks professional. How’s the quality of the images and more, that you can potentially find from the content of the website itself.
- Website Encryption — when buying from a secure website, you’ll always see the following in the address bar:
The padlock icon in the URL bar and the “s” in the “https://” means that your communication within the website and your computer are secured and encrypted online transactions.
2. Product Details
There are many important factors that you always have to look at. Especially if it’s something, you’re going to wear or even consume. It can be material type, ingredients, benefits, sizes, etc. The more product details, the better.
3. Compare Prices of Similar Products
If you’re not a frequent online shopper, you might find few items with good deals. But don’t let these deals trap you, do make sure to compare prices first of the similar products to other online shops. With so many online shops offering the same items, you’ll be shocked that some of them sell at a higher price than they are supposed to. There are so many websites out there that can help you check and compare prices.
4. Returns, Cancellations, and Refunds Policies
It is a very important part to know when buying items online. It’s good to know how the company handles returns or cancellations of items and whether there would be any refunds in any case. Purchasing online will always be risky because we usually cannot verify the quality of the items. Therefore, having the knowledge if there would be a refund will be a great point to consider if the items won’t be the same as expected.
While online shopping has made it easier for us to purchase anything we want worldwide, sometimes it can also be tricky. Say the shipping, if we bought it locally – usually will only take a few days but if we bought it from the international shop – then likely we have to wait for more than weeks, which I believe we don’t have an issue with that especially if we’re informed for the estimated delivery date. But it’s a matter of what if they ship it to the wrong address or there would be a longer wait than expected. Another thing that we’re also particular with especially buying international items would be the shipping fee – most of us don’t mind buying more to get free shipping. And there are just some of the online shops’ techniques to encourage customers to buy more and think that we’re saving money for the shipping fee. Lastly not to forget to have the tracking number of monitoring the progress of the delivery of your item.
6. Secured Payment Method
this is the most crucial part when purchasing online; sharing your credit/debit card details. Options to pay via credit card, debit card, and Paypal or other Third-Party payments are considered secure. Also, try not to make any online purchase when using public wi-fi or mobile apps connected to a public hotspot – it can be potentially easy for hackers to steal your information.
7. Be alert for Scams and Fraud
This never-ending story through calls, emails, and even contacting us through social media for these people to try to steal our information. Be wary and do necessary actions if you think you’ve encountered these tactics. Don’t open any suspicious links, don’t easily provide your particulars over the phone, make sure to ask a couple of questions to verify whether the call is not a fraud/scam. Check the person’s identity through other social media accounts if he/she exists. If you experience scamming, make sure to call your bank and police if needed. And do check your bank statement often, especially if you frequently buy online.
8. Customer Reviews
Finally, to check the reviews. How can we know that the reviews are not fake ones? Thanks to social media, these online shops nowadays have their social media accounts. That’s the best place to try to contact them and view more real/organic customer reviews. This is also perfect for reaching out to those who tagged the shop and understanding their experience. On that, you’ll have a more secure feeling before buying items online.