Finding the best mirrorless cameras for photography for your budget if you’re looking for some help keeping yourself in shape or need guidance on where to start. This review gives you an overview of your options. There is a lot of mirrorless cameras for photography on the market; which one should you buy? I’ve reviewed and rated 10 of the most popular products in this article.
A selection process
We analyzed a wide range of mirrorless cameras for photography to provide a great overview of the current market. Each was objective across a few criteria to determine relative levels of performance. We compare each across the different factors to determine which products are best for specific applications. Based on our expert recommendations, we have selected our top picks:
- Brand value
- Consumer ratings & reviews
- Product price
10 mirrorless cameras for photography: Editor Recommended
10 mirrorless cameras for photography Review:
1. Panasonic LUMIX GX85 4K Digital Camera, 12-32mm and 45-150mm Lens Bundle, 16 Megapixel Mirrorless Camera Kit, 5 Axis In-Body Dual Image Stabilization, 3-Inch Tilt and Touch LCD, DMC-GX85WK (Black)
- Fine Detail Performance: 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter resulting in a near 10 percent boost in fine detail resolving power over existing 16 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensors
- Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera Kit: With 2 super compact lenses 12 32mm F3.5 5.6 and 45150mm F4.0 5.6, shoot lighter and faster with the modern hybrid photography performance of a mirrorless camera and nearly half the bulk of most DSLRs
- Class Leading Dual Image Stabilization: In body 5 axis dual image stabilization works in both photo and motion picture recording—including 4K video—to produce clear handheld shots even in low light conditions. Battery AC Adaptor (Input 110 – 240V AC) (Included, connect with USB cable). Battery life (CIPA standard) Approx. 290 images (rear monitor), 270 images (LVF) with H FS12032
- Live Viewfinder and Tilting LCD Display: Integrated eye level electronic viewfinder (2764K dots) and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD display (1040K dots) provides 80 degrees of up tilt and 45 degrees of down tilt to maximize viewing. Recording media-(Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards). Direct Print-Pict Bridge compatible
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive Lumix 4K photo and 4K post focus allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken. Minimum Aperture: F22
Additional Info :
2. Canon EOS R6 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with 4K Video, Full-Frame CMOS Senor, DIGIC X Image Processor, Dual UHS-II SD Memory Card Slots, and Up to 12 fps with Mechnical Shutter, Body Only, Black
- High Image Quality featuring a New 20 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 204800.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps electronic (silent) shutter.
- Dual pixel CMOS AF covering approx. 100% area with 1,053 AF areas.
- Subject tracking of people and animals using deep learning technology.
- Video capture resolution: 4K UHD 2160p
- EOS R6 Camera Body, Battery Pack LP-E6NH, Battery Charger LC-E6, Wide Strap, Camera Cover R-F-5
Additional Info :
3. Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Compact APS-C Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with Real-Time Eye Auto Focus, 4K Video, Flip Screen & 18-135mm Lens – E Mount Compatible Cameras – ILCE-6400M/B
- Next Gen speed: experience the world’s fastest 0. 02 sec AF with real-time AF and object tracking
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84% of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24. 2MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film. Lens compensation setting – peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
- In the box: rechargeable battery (NP-FW50) AC adaptor (ac-uud12), shoulder strap, body cap, accessory shoe cap, eyepiece cup, micro USB cable
- Recycling Time:Approx. 4 sec
Additional Info :
4. Sony a7 III (ILCEM3K/B) Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera with 28-70mm Lens with 3-Inch LCD, Black
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full-frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed Advanced 24.2MP Back-Illuminated 35mm Full-frame Image Sensor
- 15-stop dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800
- Up to 10fps Silent or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking
- 693 phase-detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93% image coverage
- In the box: SEL2870 lens, Lens hood, Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Rechargeable Battery (NP-FZ100), AC Adapter (AC-UUD12), Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
- Sensor Type : 35mm full frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
Additional Info :
5. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50 mm Lens 24.3MP (Silver)
- 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Focus Sensitivity Range :EV 0 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F28 lens attached)
- Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200)
- Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points. Clear Image Zoom- Approx. 2x. Smart zoom (Still Image)- M: Approx. 1.4x, S: Approx. 2x.Digital zoom (Still Image)- L: Approx. 4x, M: Approx. 5.7x, S: Approx. 8x. L:Approx. 4x;M:Approx. 5.7x;S:Approx. 8x. Digital zoom (Movie)- Approx. 4x
- Up to 11 FPS continuous shooting. Flash Compatibility: Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adapter for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dotsLCD Display:Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp Info, Histogram, Shooting information for viewfinder mode
- In-the-box: Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50), Shoulder strap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
Additional Info :
6. Canon EOS R RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens Kit, Vlogging and Content Creator Camera 4K UHD, Digital Single-Lens Non-Reflex AF/AE, 0.4 Magnification, Mirrorless and Full-Frame, Compact & Lightweight
- RF Mount Compatible with RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses
- 30.3 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 Manually Selectable AF Points
- 4K 30p with Canon Log and 10-bit 4: 2: 2 HDMI Output
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon Camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output
- Mounting Type: Bayonet
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K UHD 2160p
Additional Info :
7. Panasonic LUMIX S5 Full Frame Mirrorless Camera, 4K 60P Video Recording with Flip Screen & WiFi, LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 Lens, L-Mount, 5-Axis Dual I.S, DC-S5KK (Black)
- A LIGHTWEIGHT, POWERFUL HYBRID CAMERA FOR VIBRANT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AND CINEMATIC VIDEO: Realize your creative vision with extraordinary 4K 60p, 10-bit video, FHD 180fps Slow Motion option as well as 4:3 Anamorphic support.
- DETAILED PHOTO AND VIDEO THAT WILL DELIGHT ENTHUSIASTS AND EXPERTS ALIKE: Capture content in impressive high quality with 96MP High Resolution mode, Dual Native ISO to minimize noise in high sensitivity and V-Log/V-Gamut with 14-plus stop dynamic range.
- IMPROVED, HIGH-PRECISION AUTOFOCUS AND POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Improved autofocus includes detection of the head as well as eyes, face and body, to capture subjects with ease and precision. 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 enables 6.5-stop slower shutter speed.
- EXPANDED FEATURES OFFER NEW LEVELS OF CREATIVITY: Use Live View Composite mode to instantly create a stunning image out of several live shots to capture fireworks or a starry sky
Additional Info :
8. Panasonic LUMIX G7KS 4K Mirrorless Camera, 16 Megapixel Digital Camera, 14-42 mm Lens Kit, DMC-G7KS
- Superb DSLM image quality without the bulk and weight of traditional DSLRs
- Never miss a photo with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes
- Fast and precise auto focusing tracks the subject; Focus mode AFS (single) / AFF (flexible) / AFC (continuous) / MF, AF mode face/eye detection / tracking / 49 area / custom Multi / 1 area / pinpoint
- Class leading, ultra compact, interchangeable lens and accessory option; HDMI: MicroHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link,video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p, Audio: Stereo
- Unwire your creativity with integrated Wi Fi sharing
Additional Info :
9. MOSISO Camera Backpack, DSLR/SLR/Mirrorless Photography Camera Bag 15-16 inch Waterproof Hardshell Case with Tripod Holder&Laptop Compartment Compatible with Canon/Nikon/Sony, Purple
- Dimension:17.32 x 11.8 x 7.5 inch. 2 compartments included. Padded removable modular inserts in the upper one (16.54 x 11.42 x 5.5 inch) is customized dividers for different cameras, flashes, lens and drones. You can organize the inner padded to adjust the inner storage space according to your needs. Another one (16.93 x 10.63 x 1.58 inch) is laptop compartment to storage up to 16 inch.
- Full open design. 2 accessory pockets on the back face can store cables, sd cards, powerbank and other small items. Tripod/monopod holder is featured with 1 secure strap on one bag side. 1 pocket on another side can store umbrella or water bottle(up to maximum 2.5 diameter). 1 anti-theft pocket is designed on the back for your wallet, cellphone and precious items.
- With waterproof PU leather hardshell protection in front. The foam padded layer can provide good buffer and protection to your internal stuff against shock and drops. High elastic back cushion can ease your pain after long time take.
- Padded shoulder strap varied from 17.72 to maximum 39.4 inch can be adjusted per personal preference. Clip strap featured on the shoulder strap can hang sunglasses, eyeglasses, towels and clothes. 1 durable handle is also designed to meet different demand. Back trolley belt makes it convenient during the trip. Perfect for men and women – camera enthusiasts.
- This multifunctional camera bag is professionally designed for DSLR / SLR / Mirrorless cameras of different brands. Compatible with Nikon D5600, D5300, D3500, D3400, D3300, D3200; compatible with Canon EOS Rebel T6, T6i, SL2 and other standard-size DSLRs. Also desigend to be compatible with DJI Mavic Drone(Mavic 2/Air/Pro). 1 year warranty on each bag.
Additional Info :
10. Camera Backpack Waterproof Besnfoto, Photography Bag Rolltop for DSLR SLR Mirrorless Camera with Laptop Compartment Tripod Holder Large Capacity for Hiking Traveling Women and Men
- Waterproof Surface – This photography backpack is made of high quality water-repellent tarpaulin nylon material which is waterproof, soft, smooth durable and scratch-resistant. This photography backapck is very easy to clear, you just need to wipe it with a damp towel.This is a waterproof photo bag and come with rain cover provide addtion protection in poure rain.
- Professional and Convenient – This is a professional hiking camera backpack for photographers.It consists of main camera compartment , top compartment and rolltop.Convenien Quick side access to your camera, Fully opened on back; Laptop compartment fit 15.6 inch notebook computer; quick top zipper access to your other gears.
- Large Capacity and Practical Pockets – Camera Backpack for Photographer big enought for two cameras and few lens,and for DJI Mini 2 Pro, Air 2S Drone, Mavic Mini 2/Air 2. Exteral size without rolltop: 48*32*17cm/18.9*12.6*6.7inch; camera compartment: 29*14*29cm/11.4*5.5*11.4 inch. Side tripod holder and many useful mesh interior pockets and top net pockets for your camera gears.
- Expandable Roll Top – Spacious rolltop compartment stores your sweater,jacket some books or other small devices/equipment you might need. The rolltop closed by a zipper. Padded adjustable shoulder strap 2.95” width and ergonomics padded and breathable back comfortable carrying system.
- Multi-Functional – This DSLR camera backpack have 7 removable padded dividers allow you to customize interior space for different size of camera equipment; Additional 2 straps at the front for your additional accessories you might need when outdoor hiking or sporting traveling, such as a longboard, a chair,yoga mat. also come with waistband strap. It designed for DSLR / SLR / Mirrorless cameras, Compatible with Canon/Nikon/Sony/Olympus/Fujifilm.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide of mirrorless cameras for photography:
The best way to make the most of your time is to list the things you want to buy, weighing all the factors before deciding. There are many ways this post can suggest that will help you do this and avoid purchasing the wrong product. If you’re in a hurry for some reason, take our word for it don’t buy anything until you’ve finished reading this post! These factors will help you make the right decision when buying a product. Here are some of the things that you should consider before buying a product:
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on your new product? If money is not an issue, you can choose the most expensive option. However, if you have a tight budget, then it is important to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
- Durability: You need to consider how long your mirrorless cameras for photography will last before you buy it. Investing in something that will last longer than buying something that will break down after just a few uses is always better.
- Quality: The quality of mirrorless cameras for photography should be considered before buying it. A good product will have high-quality materials used during manufacturing and construction.
- Brand: The brand reputation of a particular product is also important because it tells you how reliable they are and how they stand behind their products.
Here is a brief description of important factors for buying a product:
This is a great way to know what other people have experienced with mirrorless cameras for photography. You can check out user reviews on Amazon or other websites where users can post their thoughts on a product. The best place to look for reviews is on Amazon, which has a star rating system that gives you an idea of how good or bad a product is. If there are enough reviews with bad ratings (less than 3 stars), it’s probably not worth buying that product.
Look at the price
This may seem obvious, but it’s important not to just look at how much something costs and decide that it’s too expensive. Instead, you should compare prices between different sellers and see which offers more value for money! For example, if you find a similar product for $10 cheaper elsewhere, it might be worth buying from that seller instead of the first one you came across!
Type of product
There are many types of mirrorless cameras for photography you can buy. Some are basic, while others are advanced. You need to determine what type of product you need and then buy one that fits your needs. For example, if you want a simple product, the best choice is a basic one. However, suppose you want something more advanced. In that case, it’s better to get an expensive one because it will have extra features.
The product size also matters when choosing the right mirrorless cameras for photography for yourself or someone else, as different people have different requirements when using their products. For example, if there is someone who uses large sized products or devices, then he/she would need something bigger than others who use smaller devices or tools. Therefore, it is important that you look at the size of each product before purchasing them so that they can meet all your needs and requirements in terms of size.
You need to buy a branded product because it has been tested and proven effective by many people before you buy it. Brands also have guarantees on their mirrorless cameras for photography so that if anything happens to your new item within the warranty period, they will repair it or replace it without hassle.
You should consider how long the mirrorless cameras for photography will last. This is because it is important for you to buy something that will serve your needs for years. If many people have used a particular product without any problem, then it means that it is durable and can serve your purpose well.
Easy to Use
When buying a mirrorless cameras for photography, make sure that it is easy to use so that you do not experience any difficulties while using it after purchase. Some mirrorless cameras for photography may look great but are too complicated for your level of expertise or knowledge about them. Make sure that the product is user-friendly so that even someone who does not have much experience can use it comfortably without any problems or inconveniences whatsoever.