It is important to know all about it to make an informed decision when buying a distance sensor modules. This guide will help you understand how to choose a distance sensor modules that will meet your needs.
10 distance sensor modules: Editor Recommended
10 distance sensor modules Review:
1. WWZMDiB ((((2Pcs)))) HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Module Distance Measuring Sensor Module for Arduino R3 MEGA Mega2560
Additional Info :
2. WMYCONGCONG 10 PCS HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Distance Measuring Sensor Module for Arduino
- Adapting IO trigger range, at least 10us high level signal to detect the distance.
- Detection distance: 2cm-450cm
- Precision: up to 3mm
- Ideal for Robot obstacle avoidance, object distance measuring, liquid level detection, public security, parking lot detection.
3. Virtuabotix Ultrasonic Distance Rangefinder/Obstacle Detection Module
- Instantly detect obstacles with your Arduino!
- Free Arduino library & Other resources available from Virtuabotix!
- Comes tested and sealed in retail ready package.
- Static current: Less than 2mA. High precision: Up to 0.3cm
- Sensor angle: 15 to 35 degrees. Detection distance: 2cm-500cm.
Additional Info :
4. ACEIRMC HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module for Nano Robot XBee ZigBee by ElecRight（5pcs
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module: using IO trigger for at least 10us high level signal
- This module has stable performance and accurate measurement distance.
- Detection distance: 0.78~196 in/ (2cm~500cm); High precision: up to 0.12 in/(0.3 cm); Detection angle: <15 °.
- This module is fully Compatible with GH-311 anti-theft module.
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Distance Module for Nano Robot XBee ZigBee by ElecRight
Additional Info :
5. HiLetgo 10pcs IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module for Arduino Smart Car Robot 3-Wire Reflective Photoelectric for Arduino Smart Car Robot
- Can be widely used in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line count, and black and white line tracking and so on.
- The effective distance range of 2 ~ 30cm, the working voltage of 3.3V- 5V
6. 10Pcs Ultrasonic Sensor Module Kit HC-SR04 Distance Sensor with 4pcs Mounting Bracket Compatible with Mega R3 Duemilanove Nano Rapsberry Pi 3 Robot
- Quality — Power Supply : 5V DC ; Quiescent Current : <2mA ; Effectual Angle: <15 degree ; Detection Distance : 2cm~450 cm ; Resolution : 0.3 cm.
- Operating Principle — Ultrasonic hc-sr04 distance measuring transducer sensor, it consists of ultrasonic transmitter, receiver, and control circuit.
- HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor module — Using IO trigger for at least 10us high level signal, when triggered it sends out a series of 40KHz ultrasonic pulses and receives echo from an object, the duration of the signal is the time from sending ultrasonic to returning.
- Test Distance Formula — The distance between the unit and the object is calculated by measuring the traveling time of sound and output it as the width of a TTL pulse,hc-sr04 test distance following formula — L = 1/2 × T × C ( L is the distance, T is the time between the emission and reception, and C is the sonic speed )
- Package Include — 10 X HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensors , 10 X Female-Male Dupont Cables , 10 X Female-Female Dupont Cables , 4 X HC-SR04 Mounting Bracket
Additional Info :
7. EPLZON HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Module Distance Sensor fit for Arduino UNO MEGA Nano Robot XBee ZigBee (Pack of 5 pcs)
- ✅EPLZON HC-SR04 Ultrasonic ranging transducer sensor
- ✅Test mode: Use IO to trigger high-level signals. (Not less than 10us), the module automatically sends 8 40kHz and detects whether there is a pulse signal return.
- ✅Detection area: 0.78~196 in/(2cm~500cm); high precision: up to 0.12 inch/(0.3 cm), effective angle: less than 15°; Trigger input pulse width: 10uS
- ✅Power supply: 5V DC; Quiescent current: less than 2mA;Dimension: 1.77 x 0.78 x 0.59 inches/45mm x 20mm x 15mm(length*width*height)
- ✅Test distance=((high level duration)*(sound wave: 340m/s))/2
Additional Info :
8. HiLetgo 5pcs HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Module Distance Sensor
- The HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor can send eight 40 kHz and detect whether there is any pulse signal back.If it back, a high level signal will be outputed by IO, and the duration of the signal is the time from sending ultrasonic to returning
- HC-SR04 Test Distance : high level time velocity of sound (340M/S) /2
- HC-SR04 Power Supply : 5V DC; Quiescent Current : <2mA,; Effectual Angle: <15° ; Detection Distance : 2cm~500 cm; Resolution : 0.3 cm
- Equipped with anti-reverse pin socket – making the wiring much tighter and convenient; 4-pin anti-reverse cable also included.
- Uses the MCU STC15W104 which has a built-in clock, no need of external crystal oscillator.
Additional Info :
9. 20 Pieces IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module 3-Wire Reflective Photoelectric Sensor Module Compatible with Arduino Smart Car Robot Raspberry Pi 3
- Feature: there is a pair of infrared transmitting and receiving tube of the IR sensor module, tube infrared emit a certain frequency, when the detection direction meets the obstacles (reflecting surface), reflected infrared receiving tube, after the comparator circuit processing, green indicator will light up, at the same time signal output interface to output digital signal (a low level signal)
- Function: the IR infrared obstacle avoidance sensor module can be applied in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line count, black and white line tracking, etc.
- Adjustable distance: the detection distance of the infrared module is 2 to 30 cm, and the detection angle is 35 degrees, the distance The distance at which the potential can be detected is adjustable
- Easy to use: the output port OUT sensor module can be directly connected to the microcontroller port, you can directly drive a 5V relay
- Application: the IR sensor module can be applied for 3-5V DC power supply modules; There is a red power indicator
10. 6PCS RCWL-0516 Microwave Radar Motion Sensor Module for Arduino ESP8266 Nodemcu Wemos Smart Switch Module Human Body Induction Detector 5-7M Distance 4-28V 100mA Rat Cat Detector
- This Microwave Radar Detector Sensor Module is designed for detecting human beings and the moving objects with the Doppler technique microwave induction.
- High sensitivity, high induction distance, high reliability, large induction angle, wide power supply voltage range, etc. it is widely used in various kinds of human body induction lighting and alarm and so on.
- Can work for arduino/nodemcu/wemos etc. Can be widely used for human body adaptive forward lighting system, security alarm system and so on.
- Package Includes: 6 X RCWL-0516 Module Microwave Radar Sensor.
- If you have any questions, you can contact us and we will give you a satisfied solution.
How To Choose Your distance sensor modules
If you want to purchase products like the distance sensor modules, you need to follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your product before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Price: Online purchase has been renowned for offering items at the best possible prices. As such places have networks with many dealers and manufacturers, sellers offer the best deals. Moreover, there are no intermediaries, which lessens the additional costs.
- Reliability: As online stores portray customer reviews, purchasing them boosts reliability. If faced with any defect, there is a scope for you to change. Some stores have excellent customer service, pushing you to buy from there.
- Convenience: Who does not love convenience? Having everything as per your wish is something to die for. Buying a product from an online store is such. You do not have to worry about the time, the place, or the crowd. Everything happens when you want it and how you want it.
- Functionality: Check out your distance sensor modules functionality when you buy it. An easy way to do that would be to check the specs. Remember, the more vast the specs, the greater your product’s functionality.
What to look for when buying the distance sensor modules?
The products in the market are manifold. The variety of products is so high that it may be confusing to choose the right one for you. This is why we have created this guide for you to help you pick the right distance sensor modules easily.
1. The authenticity of the Online Shop Website
I did mention earlier that shopping online is very convenient yet it’s tough to know whether the shop is genuine. Everyone can seem to create an online shop with a couple of photos and prices just to be seen as legitimate. To know whether it’s genuine, make sure to look for the following:
- Contact Details — make sure to contact them first before buying to ensure that there would be someone to attend to you and you can understand further about their service.
- Website Layout – browse and feel if the site looks professional. How’s the quality of the images and more, that you can potentially find from the content of the website itself.
- Website Encryption — when buying from a secure website, you’ll always see the following in the address bar:
The padlock icon in the URL bar and the “s” in the “https://” means that your communication within the website and your computer are secured and encrypted online transactions.
2. Product Details
There are many important factors that you always have to look at. Especially if it’s something, you’re going to wear or even consume. It can be material type, ingredients, benefits, sizes, etc. The more product details, the better.
3. Compare Prices of Similar Products
If you’re not a frequent online shopper, you might find few items with good deals. But don’t let these deals trap you, do make sure to compare prices first of the similar products to other online shops. With so many online shops offering the same items, you’ll be shocked that some of them sell at a higher price than they are supposed to. There are so many websites out there that can help you check and compare prices.
4. Returns, Cancellations, and Refunds Policies
It is a very important part to know when buying items online. It’s good to know how the company handles returns or cancellations of items and whether there would be any refunds in any case. Purchasing online will always be risky because we usually cannot verify the quality of the items. Therefore, having the knowledge if there would be a refund will be a great point to consider if the items won’t be the same as expected.
While online shopping has made it easier for us to purchase anything we want worldwide, sometimes it can also be tricky. Say the shipping, if we bought it locally – usually will only take a few days but if we bought it from the international shop – then likely we have to wait for more than weeks, which I believe we don’t have an issue with that especially if we’re informed for the estimated delivery date. But it’s a matter of what if they ship it to the wrong address or there would be a longer wait than expected. Another thing that we’re also particular with especially buying international items would be the shipping fee – most of us don’t mind buying more to get free shipping. And there are just some of the online shops’ techniques to encourage customers to buy more and think that we’re saving money for the shipping fee. Lastly not to forget to have the tracking number of monitoring the progress of the delivery of your item.
6. Secured Payment Method
this is the most crucial part when purchasing online; sharing your credit/debit card details. Options to pay via credit card, debit card, and Paypal or other Third-Party payments are considered secure. Also, try not to make any online purchase when using public wi-fi or mobile apps connected to a public hotspot – it can be potentially easy for hackers to steal your information.
7. Be alert for Scams and Fraud
This never-ending story through calls, emails, and even contacting us through social media for these people to try to steal our information. Be wary and do necessary actions if you think you’ve encountered these tactics. Don’t open any suspicious links, don’t easily provide your particulars over the phone, make sure to ask a couple of questions to verify whether the call is not a fraud/scam. Check the person’s identity through other social media accounts if he/she exists. If you experience scamming, make sure to call your bank and police if needed. And do check your bank statement often, especially if you frequently buy online.
8. Customer Reviews
Finally, to check the reviews. How can we know that the reviews are not fake ones? Thanks to social media, these online shops nowadays have their social media accounts. That’s the best place to try to contact them and view more real/organic customer reviews. This is also perfect for reaching out to those who tagged the shop and understanding their experience. On that, you’ll have a more secure feeling before buying items online.