We all want to pick a beautiful, sturdy, and durable product, but there are so many products available in the market that it can be confusing to choose one. This article will help you choose the right arduino lidar modules more easily.
10 arduino lidar modules: Editor Recommended
10 arduino lidar modules Review:
1. MakerFocus Lidar Range Finder Sensor Module TF-Luna, Single-Point Micro Ranging Module 0.2 to 8m Compatible with Pixhawk, Arduino and Rasppbarry Pi with UART / I2C Communication Interface
- English product manual: Get the link in the product guide and document. Note: TF-Luna module comes with UART and I2C interface, the default is UART, if you need to use I2C interface, please set it yourself.
- TF-Luna: TF-Luna is a single-point ranging LiDAR, based on TOF principle. With unique optical and electrical design, it can achieve stable, accurate and highly sensitive range measurement.
- Product Characteristics: The product is built with algorithms adapted to various application environments and adopts multiple adjustable configurations and parameters so as to offer excellent distance measurement performances in complex application fields and scenarios.
- Extreme Cost Performance: Low-cost ranging LiDAR module, with 0.2-8m operating range. TF-Luna has a highly stable, accurate, sensitive range detection.
- Slim Figure Yet Big Skill: The product is built with algorithms adapted to various application environments and adopts multiple adjustable configurations and parameters so as to offer excellent distance measurement performances in complex application fields and scenarios.
Additional Info :
2. DIYmall 2PCS Benewake TF-LC02 Lidar Ranging Module ToF Sensor Module DC 3-3.6V TTL for Arduino Raspberry Pi STM32 Measuring Range 3-200cm
- TF-LCO2 is a LiDAR ranging module including a high-precision ToF sensor, it has TDC (Time-to-digitalconverter) circuit inside.
- TF-LCO2 can be used for ranging of various electronic devices such as sweepers, robots, drones and smart home products.
- Easy to operate and install, supports UART communication.
- Measuring range: 3cm~200cm @ 90% reflectivity
- This sensor is recommended to be used under ambient light conditions within 100,000 lux. Strong outdoor sunlight will interfere with the sensor and cause performance degradation.
Additional Info :
3. SmartLam TP-Solar 0.2-12M lidar Sensor Scanner Laser Range Finder Module Proximity Distance Detector lidar Drone for arduino Raspberry pi Motion Sensor
- [Eye Safety]TP-Solar uses 850nm LED safety light source to add more use scenarios, including medical and public scenarios, and to extend the module’s life to more than 30,000 hours
- [High Performance]Operating range is 0.2m-12m(indoor/90% reflectivity).High frame rate, up to 500Hz (@5us integrated time),but it only keep 4g at weight。To improve applicability, TP-Solar supports common communication interfaces — UART and IIC .It is compatible with STM32,Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- [Small size and light weight] With 42mm×15mm×17mm small size which easy to install and integrate into any products,and also with only 4g weight could meet the require those applications strictly need load requirements
- [Low Power Consumption] Power Consumption of TP-Solar is lower than 0.4W，suitable for battery-powered or low power consumption scenarios.In addition, sensors are also provided temperature, amplitude,ambient light and TOF phase information.
- [Better service] We will provide a mailbox on the package to facilitate customers to contact us for any problems they encounter in the testing process. We have a professional team to provide customers with free guidance and suggestions, and give feedback within 24 hours. Meanwhile, we can provide long-term stable supply of goods and preferential prices
Additional Info :
4. Wishiot TF-LC02 Lidar Ranging Module TTL Level DC3-3.6V with 6Pin Male Connector to Dupont Wire for Arduino Raspberry Pi STM32 Home Robot Smart Car
- 1, TF-LC02 Lidar ranging module in mini size around 20*11.6*8mm, very light. Measuring 3cm to 200cm @ 90% reflectivity.
- 2, Accuracy:土2cm @ (3cm~100cm); ±5% @ (100~200cm); Detection speed: 33msec; Power supply: 3~3.6V; TTL Level communication(3.3V); ower consumption: ≤50mW.
- 3, Attention: 1st, make sure it is sanitary and clean to install the module, keep the lens of the module from dust, dirt or water droplets, 2nd, wear anti-static gloves or an anti-static wristband to touch the circuit board,3rd, there should be no obstruction between the lens and the mounting surface to prevent the optical path from being blocked and affecting performance; 4th, tighten the mounting hole with screws very well not to slide left and right, and keep the lens horizontal.
- 4, What you will get is 1pc TF-LC02 Lidar ranging module, 1pc 6Pin male connector wire with bare end, 1pc 6Pin male connector to male dupont cable, 1pc 6Pin male connector to female dupont wire.
- 5, If you have any question, please contact us by email. You can click “Wishiot” under the shopping cart(you can find “Sold by Wishiot” under Buy Now button), in the new page, click “Ask a question”and you can start to write the mail.
Additional Info :
5. MakerFocus TFmini-s Micro Lidar Module 0.1-12M Lidar Range Finder Sensor Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Tiny Module 1000Hz Single Point UART I2C IO Compatible with Pixhawk Ar duino and Raspberry Pi
- ★ ★ Note: TFmini-s version is UART by default. If you need I2C, please switch by yourself. It is compatible with Raspberry Pi and Arduino. ★ User Manual and Document: Please get the link from the product description below .
- Upgraded Lidar Module: TFmini-s is an upgraded single-point micro ranging module based on TFmini. The dead zone is shortened to 10 cm, and the outdoor performance and accuracy of different reflectances are improved.
- Tiny Body Yet Big Wisdom: low-cost, small-size and low power consumption. Distance Resolution is 1cm, frame rate is 100Hz, ambient light immunity is 70Klux and central wavelength is 850nm.
- Tiny Yet Powerful: It is based on ToF (Time of Flight) principle and integrated with unique optical and electrical designs, so as to achieve stable, precise, high sensitivity and high-speed distance detection.
- Main Application Scenario: Pedestrian detection, vehicle detection, intelligent barrier gate and altimeter.
Additional Info :
6. Benewake TF-Luna LiDAR Module Range Finder Sensor Single-Point Micro Ranging Module for Arduino Pixhawk 5V UART IIC Interface
- Document link: http://en(dot)benewake(dot)com/support_data?catename=03c54a91-8f9a-409f-985d-37acc68f7bf4&supportid=64e3ba1e-f9c5-45a4-a329-b9f16ac85ab9
- Communication level: LVTTL(3.3V), Communication interface: UART/IIC (the default is UART, you can send comment to set it to IIC ), Default baud rate: 115200
- Low-cost ranging LiDAR module with highly stable, accurate, sensitive range detection. Operating range: 0.2-8m
- Application: Traffic Monitoring, Obstacle detection, Level measurement, Smart device, Security and obstacle avoidance, Drone altitude holding and terrain following
- What you will get: 1PCS TF-Luna LiDAR Module and 1PCS 1.25mm 6P Cable
Additional Info :
7. TFmini-s Lidar Sensor 0.1-12m Measurement Range Distance Single-Point Ranging Finder Module UART / I2C Compatible with Pixhawk,Ar duino and Raspberry Pi for Drone/Robot Obstacle Avoidance
- [Upgraded TFmini Lidar Module] TFmini-s, based on TFmini, is a single-point short-range LiDAR sensor. Inherited characters of low cost, small size and low power consumption from TFmini,which greatly improved its performance
- [High Performance] TFmini-s accuracy can reach up to ±1% at full range distance of 12m,increasing the measurement frequency to 1000Hz. The dead zone is shortened to 10 cm improving accuracy and stability. Ambient light immunity is 70Klux and central wavelength is 850nm,but it only keep 5.3g at weight
- [Low Power Yet High Frame Rate] In low power consumption mode, the maximum power consumption can be lower than 100mW, reducing system power consumption and further prolonging LiDAR lifetime
- [Optional Commutication Interfaces] To improve applicability, TFmini-s supports common communication interfaces — UART, IIC and IO.TFmini-s version is UART by default. If you need IIC, please switch by yourself. It also compliant with CE,RoHs,and FCC certification
- [Wiki] You can find more docs by using the document code LD0024 via the link youyeetoo.com/blog/tfmini-sld0024-56.Any technical issues after purchase please contact with our tech-support team: monica @ smartfire.cn. Or click “WayPonDEV” and ask a question
Additional Info :
8. youyeetoo TF-LC02 Lidar Ranging Module 3-200CM Small Light Easy Install UART IIC Arduino Raspberry Pi Robot Car Drone Smart Home
- TF-LC02 3-200CM Small and Light Easy install. Provides Arduino and Python example code.
- Support UART IIC I/O (Currently version only support UART 2202.03.01)
- Suitable for Robot Car Drone Smart home inspection
- Supply voltage 3~3.6V Communication signal level 3.3V,
- Dimension 20mm*11.5mm*7.6mm(L*W*H)
Additional Info :
9. Benewake TFmini-S Lidar Range Finder Sensor Module Single-Point Micro Ranging Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi Pixhawk 4.5-6V UART I2C Interface
- How to work with pixhawk : https://discuss(dot)ardupilot(dot)org/t/avoidance-experiments-with-the-poc-and-benewake-tfmini/25277；How to use with raspberry pi: https://github(dot)com/TFmini
- Communication interface : UART/I2C, Default: UART. If you need I2C, pls send configuration commands to set (After connection enter: 5A 05 0A MODE SU where MODE = 0 (UART) or 1 (IIC) and SU stands for checksum. Important: After sending the parameter configuration command, be sure to send the “Save Configuration (5A 04 11 6F)” command, otherwise the parameters will be reset when the product is connected again.)
- Operating Range : 0.1-12m, Frequency: 100Hz(1-1000Hz adjustable), Light source:VCSEL, Applicable voltage range: 4.5-6V
- Applications: Traffic Monitoring, Obstacle detection, Obstacle detection, Level measurement, Smart device, Security and obstacle avoidance etc.
- What you will get: 1PCS TFmini-S and 2PCS Cables
Additional Info :
10. ALAMSCN VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Laser Ranging Sensor Breakout VL53L0XV2 Laser Flight Distance Measurement Module I2C IIC for Arduino(Pack of 4)
- The VL53L0 uses ST’s FlightSense technology to precisely measure how long it takes for emitted pulses of infrared laser light to reach the nearest object and be reflected back to a detector, so it can be considered a tiny, self-contained lidar system.
- ST’s VL53L0 module is simple and easy to use (6 valid pins), provides an I2C interface, is equipped with a full set of API drivers and technical documents, making system integration fast and simple. The module package supports the reflow soldering process, complies with the RoHS hazardous substance restriction standards, and is fully compatible with various glass covers and appearance designs.
- Unlike traditional infrared proximity sensors, the color and reflected light of the target object will not affect the distance measurement results. But its effective range and accuracy largely depend on environmental conditions and target characteristics, such as reflectivity and size, and sensor configuration. (The accuracy of the sensor is specified as ±3% at the highest, and it is over ±10% under the next best conditions.)
- The internal laser emits non-visible light with a wavelength of 940nm, which does not harm the eyes, eliminates the problem of distracting people from emitting red light with other infrared proximity sensors, and enhances the anti-interference performance of external light sources. The sensor’s digital architecture and automatic compensation function make it still have a high performance in scenes with high ambient light intensity.
- The sensing capability of VL53L0X can support various functions, including gesture sensing or proximity of various innovative user interfaces; wall detection, cliff detection, and collision detection of household appliances such as sweeping robots; bathroom products, such as faucets, soap dispensers, and Cell phones and flushers; other target applications include laptop user presence or power switch monitors, drones and Internet of Things (IoT) products.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide: What To Look For When Select arduino lidar modules:
If you want to purchase products, follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your products before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Product Quality: The product must be of high quality. If the product is not of high quality, it will break down quickly and need repairing.
- Price: The price of the product should be reasonable. The product must be within your budget so that you do not have any financial constraints while using it.
- Brand reputation: The brand name should be well known in the market and has been around for a long time so that its reputation can be trusted and its quality can be ensured.
arduino lidar modules: Tips for Buying Online Safely
Online shopping has become a part of our everyday lives. The convenience of purchasing items from anywhere at any time is hard to beat. But it’s not all roses and sunshine. There are some real concerns when buying arduino lidar modules from online:
1. Use a Secure Wifi or Internet Connection
Although it is comfortable and easy to browse and buy through public networks, malls or stores, the truth is that these networks are often unreliable. Hackers and cybercriminals can easily capture the information packets transmitted over public connections. For this reason, we recommend you go through a secure network to make purchases or transactions in which you transfer personal information.
2. Keep Your Computer Updated and Protected
Online shopping is one of the processes in which more personal and dangerous information is transferred. Therefore, before shopping, ensure your computer is secure, updated and equipped with a good antivirus product.
3. Buy on Known and Reputable Websites
Searching the internet for the best offers can take you to the unknown and unreliable. Stay away from them. Check that the URL of the web site matches where you think it is, and its address begins with https. Shopping at trusted and reputable websites can prevent identity theft or data victims.
4. Find and Review Privacy and Return Policies
5. Only Share Personal Information That is Necessary and Only on a Secure Form
If it surprises you that they ask you for some personal information (mobile, relatives’ name, place of birth …) to carry out the purchase, do not do it, and it checks that you are in the correct place. In addition, tools such as the virtual keyboard of Panda Security can avoid data theft if your computer is infected with some virus spyware.
6. Avoid Links in Emails and Ads
Is the offer you received in an email too good to be true? Then, it probably is. During this time of year, e-mails and ads with offers and big discounts are a tool widely used by cybercriminals. Avoid phishing.
7. Periodically Check Your Credit Card Transactions
After making several purchases online, check that all charges on your account are known and controlled. If you find any suspicious activity, contact your bank. Maybe you’ve been a victim of identity theft.
There are many brands in the global and local market to choose from, but not all of them will offer you the arduino lidar modules. The key is finding a good brand that offers quality and value for your purchase. When choosing a good brand, critical considerations include customer reviews about their products, warranty policy, how long they’ve been around, and what other customers have said about their service record. We hope this post may help you narrow down your search so that now making an informed decision on which one to buy should be much easier!