Finding the best arduino laser range sensors for your budget if you’re looking for some help keeping yourself in shape or need guidance on where to start. This review gives you an overview of your options. There is a lot of arduino laser range sensors on the market; which one should you buy? I’ve reviewed and rated 10 of the most popular products in this article.
A selection process
We analyzed a wide range of arduino laser range sensors to provide a great overview of the current market. Each was objective across a few criteria to determine relative levels of performance. We compare each across the different factors to determine which products are best for specific applications. Based on our expert recommendations, we have selected our top picks:
- Brand value
- Consumer ratings & reviews
- Product price
10 arduino laser range sensors: Editor Recommended
10 arduino laser range sensors Review:
1. SmartLam TP-Solar 0.2-12M lidar Sensor Scanner Laser Range Finder Module Proximity Distance Detector lidar Drone for arduino Raspberry pi Motion Sensor
- [Eye Safety]TP-Solar uses 850nm LED safety light source to add more use scenarios, including medical and public scenarios, and to extend the module’s life to more than 30,000 hours
- [High Performance]Operating range is 0.2m-12m(indoor/90% reflectivity).High frame rate, up to 500Hz (@5us integrated time),but it only keep 4g at weight。To improve applicability, TP-Solar supports common communication interfaces — UART and IIC .It is compatible with STM32,Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- [Small size and light weight] With 42mm×15mm×17mm small size which easy to install and integrate into any products,and also with only 4g weight could meet the require those applications strictly need load requirements
- [Low Power Consumption] Power Consumption of TP-Solar is lower than 0.4W，suitable for battery-powered or low power consumption scenarios.In addition, sensors are also provided temperature, amplitude,ambient light and TOF phase information.
- [Better service] We will provide a mailbox on the package to facilitate customers to contact us for any problems they encounter in the testing process. We have a professional team to provide customers with free guidance and suggestions, and give feedback within 24 hours. Meanwhile, we can provide long-term stable supply of goods and preferential prices
Additional Info :
2. HiLetgo VL53L0X Time-of-Flight Flight Distance Measurement Sensor Breakout VL53L0X ToF Laser Range Finder for Arduino
- Advantage: A time-of-flight ranging system integrated into a compact module
- Strong point: A carrier for the VL53L0X
- Accuracy: Range from ±3% at best to over ±10% in less optimal conditions
- Maximum Sensoring Distance: 2m
- Working Voltage: 2.6V – 5.5V
Additional Info :
3. ElectronicNova TOF10120 Laser Range Sensor Module 10-180cm Distance Sensor RS232 Interface UART I2C IIC Output 3-5V for Arduino with Cable
- TOF10120 Laser Range Sensor Module 10-180cm Distance Sensor RS232 Interface UART I2C IIC Output 3-5V for Arduino With Cable
4. DIYmall Benewake TFmini Plus Laser Level Distance Sensor Waterproof IP65 Lidar Range Finder UART Anti-dust 12m 1000Hz UART for Arduino Raspberry Pi STM32
- Document link: http://en(dot)benewake(dot)com/support_data?catename=03c54a91-8f9a-409f-985d-37acc68f7bf4&supportid=aa1f432c-e06b-4e39-924a-7a78ac05714b
- Feature: Operating range: 0.1m-12m, Range solution：5mm, FOV: 3.6 degree, Frame rate: 1-1000Hz(adjustable)
- Waterproof IP65 and anti-dust
- Interface: UART, I/O and IIC. Default is UART, you can send comment to set it to I/O or IIC
- Application: industrial security, smart transportation, smart home, Smart Dressing Mirror, autonomous vehicles, Smart Logistics, UAV & Drone, volume detection system, Coal Volume Measuring
Additional Info :
5. Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder for Golf & Hunting Range Finder Distance Measuring with High-Precision Flag Pole Locking Vibration Function Slope Mode Continuous Scan (GS24)
- The most cost-effective rangefinder you can find on the market to provide you reliable performance for golfing, hunting, bowhunting, and other professional application. Both models have slope functions. The slope switch is for tournament legal.
- Provide high-precision distance measurement. Integrates latest functions such as continuous range readings, ARC (angle range compensation), Pin-Seeking and Flagpole-Locking Vibration (Vibrate when the flagpole is locked), and Speed Measuring
- Measuring range from 5 to 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy and 6x magnification. The flagpole locking function supports a distance up to 150 yards (Flagpole only) and 250 yards (Aim the flag when it’s unfolded). Our rangefinder can meet most user’s needs
- Fully multi-coated optics lenses effectively reduce reflected light and increase the transmission of light giving you a brighter clear image. The diopter is adjustable for precise focus on display
- TOURNAMENT LEGAL: The “MTL” version features a slope switch that can let you turn off the slope function anytime you want, making your tournament legal.
- We are confident in our product and will provide a 1-year warranty. If you meet any quality issue with our product, we’ll directly send a new one or a full refund is optional (Except second-hand product).
Additional Info :
6. KEYESTUDIO 37 in 1 Sensor Kit 37 Sensors Modules Starter Kit for Arduino Mega R3 2560 Raspberry Pi Programming, Electronics Components STEM Education Set for Kids Teens Adults + Tutorial
- This sensor kit comes with 37 basic sensors and modules, which is good for learning basic knowledge about sensors. The main controller is Not Included.
- It comes with detailed tutorials which include pictures and code and 37 projects, explained step by step. Note we provide arduino tutorials, without Raspberry Pi tutorials.
- Each module has 3-4 pins broken out that make it easy to plug into a solderless breadboard or hook up to with DuPont wires. They are intended to be used with the Arduino platform, but can also be used with the Raspberry Pi platform as well.
- Packed well in nice box, also each item packed well separately.
- High quality kit for those beginners who are interested in programming. 100% compatible with Arduino R3, MEGA 2560, NANO, Raspberry pi and more.
Additional Info :
7. ACEIRMC 2pcs VL53L0X Time-of-Flight (ToF) Laser Ranging Sensor Breakout 940nm GY-VL53L0XV2 Laser Distance Module I2C IIC (Purple)
- 1.The VL53L0X from ST Microelectronics is a time-of-flight ranging system integrated into a compact module. This board is a carrier for the VL53L0X, so we recommend careful reading of the VL53L0X datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product.
- 2.The VL53L0 uses ST’s FlightSense technology to precisely measure how long it takes for emitted pulses of infrared laser light to reach the nearest object and be reflected back to a detector, so it can be considered a tiny, self-contained lidar system.
- 3.Ranging measurements are available through the sensor’s I⊃2;C (TWI) interface, which is also used to configure sensor settings, and the sensor provides two additional pins: a shutdown input and an interrupt output.
- 4.The VL53L0X is a great IC, but its small, leadless, LGA package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use. It also operates at a recommended voltage of 2.8 V, which can make interfacing difficult for microcontrollers operating at 3.3 V or 5 V. Our breakout board addresses these issues, making it easier to get started using the sensor, while keeping the overall size as small as possible.
- 5.A time-of-flight ranging system integrated into a compact module
Additional Info :
8. Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F GP2Y0A21 10~80cm Infrared Proximity Distance Sensor
- GP2Y0A51SK0F 2-15CM /GP2Y0A41SK0F 4-30CM/GP2Y0E03 4-50CM/GP2Y0A02YK0F 20-150CM /GP2Y0A710K0F 100-550cm
- optical sensor
- GP2Y series infrared distance measuring sensor distance detection 2-15/4-30/4-50/10-80/20-150CM
Additional Info :
9. MengJie MJ-VL53-400 TOF10120 4-400cm Laser ranging Sensor Distance Module, UART Output 3.3-5V Time of Flight Arduino Raspberry pi, Laser Rangefinder Ranging Sensor Gyroscope
- Ranging Range：4-400cm
- Power supply：3.3~5V, Operating temperature:-20 to 70℃
- USB serial port TTL read distance data passed
- Special optical cover sheet to prevent interference from other light
- Small size: PH1.0MM-6P female seat, play, and plug
Additional Info :
10. MakerFocus Lidar Range Finder Sensor Module TF-Luna, Single-Point Micro Ranging Module 0.2 to 8m Compatible with Pixhawk, Arduino and Rasppbarry Pi with UART / I2C Communication Interface
- English product manual: Get the link in the product guide and document. Note: TF-Luna module comes with UART and I2C interface, the default is UART, if you need to use I2C interface, please set it yourself.
- TF-Luna: TF-Luna is a single-point ranging LiDAR, based on TOF principle. With unique optical and electrical design, it can achieve stable, accurate and highly sensitive range measurement.
- Product Characteristics: The product is built with algorithms adapted to various application environments and adopts multiple adjustable configurations and parameters so as to offer excellent distance measurement performances in complex application fields and scenarios.
- Extreme Cost Performance: Low-cost ranging LiDAR module, with 0.2-8m operating range. TF-Luna has a highly stable, accurate, sensitive range detection.
- Slim Figure Yet Big Skill: The product is built with algorithms adapted to various application environments and adopts multiple adjustable configurations and parameters so as to offer excellent distance measurement performances in complex application fields and scenarios.
Additional Info :
Buying Guide of arduino laser range sensors:
The best way to make the most of your time is to list the things you want to buy, weighing all the factors before deciding. There are many ways this post can suggest that will help you do this and avoid purchasing the wrong product. If you’re in a hurry for some reason, take our word for it don’t buy anything until you’ve finished reading this post! These factors will help you make the right decision when buying a product. Here are some of the things that you should consider before buying a product:
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on your new product? If money is not an issue, you can choose the most expensive option. However, if you have a tight budget, then it is important to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
- Durability: You need to consider how long your arduino laser range sensors will last before you buy it. Investing in something that will last longer than buying something that will break down after just a few uses is always better.
- Quality: The quality of arduino laser range sensors should be considered before buying it. A good product will have high-quality materials used during manufacturing and construction.
- Brand: The brand reputation of a particular product is also important because it tells you how reliable they are and how they stand behind their products.
Here is a brief description of important factors for buying a product:
This is a great way to know what other people have experienced with arduino laser range sensors. You can check out user reviews on Amazon or other websites where users can post their thoughts on a product. The best place to look for reviews is on Amazon, which has a star rating system that gives you an idea of how good or bad a product is. If there are enough reviews with bad ratings (less than 3 stars), it’s probably not worth buying that product.
Look at the price
This may seem obvious, but it’s important not to just look at how much something costs and decide that it’s too expensive. Instead, you should compare prices between different sellers and see which offers more value for money! For example, if you find a similar product for $10 cheaper elsewhere, it might be worth buying from that seller instead of the first one you came across!
Type of product
There are many types of arduino laser range sensors you can buy. Some are basic, while others are advanced. You need to determine what type of product you need and then buy one that fits your needs. For example, if you want a simple product, the best choice is a basic one. However, suppose you want something more advanced. In that case, it’s better to get an expensive one because it will have extra features.
The product size also matters when choosing the right arduino laser range sensors for yourself or someone else, as different people have different requirements when using their products. For example, if there is someone who uses large sized products or devices, then he/she would need something bigger than others who use smaller devices or tools. Therefore, it is important that you look at the size of each product before purchasing them so that they can meet all your needs and requirements in terms of size.
You need to buy a branded product because it has been tested and proven effective by many people before you buy it. Brands also have guarantees on their arduino laser range sensors so that if anything happens to your new item within the warranty period, they will repair it or replace it without hassle.
You should consider how long the arduino laser range sensors will last. This is because it is important for you to buy something that will serve your needs for years. If many people have used a particular product without any problem, then it means that it is durable and can serve your purpose well.
Easy to Use
When buying a arduino laser range sensors, make sure that it is easy to use so that you do not experience any difficulties while using it after purchase. Some arduino laser range sensors may look great but are too complicated for your level of expertise or knowledge about them. Make sure that the product is user-friendly so that even someone who does not have much experience can use it comfortably without any problems or inconveniences whatsoever.