It is important to know all about it to make an informed decision when buying a arduino infrared sensor modules. This guide will help you understand how to choose a arduino infrared sensor modules that will meet your needs.
10 arduino infrared sensor modules: Editor Recommended
10 arduino infrared sensor modules Review:
1. HiLetgo 10pcs IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module for Arduino Smart Car Robot 3-Wire Reflective Photoelectric for Arduino Smart Car Robot
- Can be widely used in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line count, and black and white line tracking and so on.
- The effective distance range of 2 ~ 30cm, the working voltage of 3.3V- 5V
2. HiLetgo 3pcs HC-SR501 PIR Infrared Sensor Human Body Infrared Motion Module for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- Operating voltage range: DC 4.5-20V
- Quiescent Current: <50uA Trigger: L can not be repeated trigger/H can be repeated trigger(Default repeated trigger)
- Delay time: 5-200S(adjustable) the range is (0.xx second to tens of second)
- Board Dimensions: 32mm*24mm
- Angle Sensor: <100 ° cone angle Lens size sensor:Diameter:23mm(Default)
Additional Info :
3. Gikfun Obstacle avoidance IR Infrared Sensor Module Reflective Photoelectric Light Intensity DIY Kit for Arduino UNO (Pack of 5pcs) EK1254x5
- Can be used for 3-5V DC power supply modules. It has red power indicator.
- IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module can be widely used in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line count, and black and white line tracking and so on
- The output port OUT sensor module can be directly connected to the microcontroller IO port, you can directly drive a 5V relay
- It has a pair of infrared transmitting and receiving tube, tube infrared emit a certain frequency, when detecting direction meet with obstacles (reflecting surface), reflected infrared receiving tube, after the comparator circuit processing, green indicator will light up, at the same time signal output interface to output digital signal (a low level signal).
- Packed with high quality box.
Additional Info :
4. DIYmall 5 Pack HC-SR501 Pir Motion IR Sensor Body Module Infrared for Arduino
- Using Potentiometer 105, output timing is from 0.5S to 200S
- Widely used in:Security Products,human body sensors toys,human body sensor lighting industrial automation and control, etc
- NOTE: On this retrigger jumper is a solder jumper, and you need solder it by yourself
- Pls note that there is no IR emitter in this module, the principle of PIR sensor is to detect the infrared radiation emitted by the human body, it only have a IR sensor (cell)
- Package Included: 5 X HC-SR501 PIR Infared Sensor
Additional Info :
5. AIHJCNELE 10pcs KY-022 TL1838 VS1838B HX1838B 1838 Universal IR Infrared Sensor Receiver Module Remote Control Module Accessories DIY Starter Kit for Arduino Raspberry Pi
- 💎Working voltage: 2.7V ~ 5.5V , Receiving angle: 90°
- 💎Frequency: 37.9 K.H.z , Receiving range: about 18m
- 💎Adopt inner and outer double shielding package structure, Light resistance, strong electromagnetic interference. Built-in infrared dedicated IC, can work under 500 lux light intensity
- 💎Pin Interface description , VCC : external 5V , GND : external GND , DO : small board digital output interface
- 💎If the product has any quality problem , pls contact us by email , How to contact us ? Please click “ AIHJCNELE ”(you can find “Sold by AIHJCNELE ” under Buy Now button), in the new page, click “Ask a question” to email us
6. HiLetgo 3pcs Mini SR602 Motion Sensor Detector Module Pyroelectric Infrared Sensory Switch High Sensitivity for Arduino PI
- Pyroelectric human body infrared sensor module, model: SR-602
- Sensing distance: up to 5 meters; recommended 0-3.5M.
- Output: high level, H=3.3V, L=0V
- Power supply DC: 3.3V-15V
- Quiescent current: 20uA
Additional Info :
7. Songhe IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module Reflective Photoelectric Module 3pins 3.3V-5V for Arduino Smart Car Robot 10pcs
- When the module detects an obstacle in front of the signal, the green indicator lights on the board level, while the OUT port sustained low signal output, the module detects the distance 2 ~ 30cm, detection angle 35 °, the distance can detect potential is adjusted clockwise adjustment potentiometer, detects the distance increases;
- counterclockwise adjustment potentiometer, reducing detection distance.
- the sensor module output port OUT port can be directly connected to the microcontroller IO can also be directly drive a 5V relay; Connection: VCC-VCC; GND-GND; OUT-IO
- the module can be 3-5V DC power supply. When the power is turned on, the red power indicator lights;
Additional Info :
8. 20 Pieces IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module 3-Wire Reflective Photoelectric Sensor Module Compatible with Arduino Smart Car Robot Raspberry Pi 3
- Feature: there is a pair of infrared transmitting and receiving tube of the IR sensor module, tube infrared emit a certain frequency, when the detection direction meets the obstacles (reflecting surface), reflected infrared receiving tube, after the comparator circuit processing, green indicator will light up, at the same time signal output interface to output digital signal (a low level signal)
- Function: the IR infrared obstacle avoidance sensor module can be applied in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line count, black and white line tracking, etc.
- Adjustable distance: the detection distance of the infrared module is 2 to 30 cm, and the detection angle is 35 degrees, the distance The distance at which the potential can be detected is adjustable
- Easy to use: the output port OUT sensor module can be directly connected to the microcontroller port, you can directly drive a 5V relay
- Application: the IR sensor module can be applied for 3-5V DC power supply modules; There is a red power indicator
9. KNACRO MLX90614ESF-BCC IR Infrared Temperature Measurement Module IIC 3-5V for Arduino
- MLX90614ESF-BCC IR Infrared Temperature Measurement Module
- Use chip: MLX90614ESF-BCC
- Power supply: 3-5v (internal low voltage regulator)
- Communication method: Standard IIC communication protocol
10. Oiyagai 5pcs IR Infrared Barrier Module Sensor Obstacle Avoidance for Arduino Intelligent Car Robot
- Infrared obstacle avoidance sensor module Infrared can be widely used in robot obstacle avoidance, obstacle avoidance car, line counting, and black and white online tracking and so on.
- The module detects the distance 2 ~ 30cm, detection angle 35°, the distance can detect the potential is adjusted.
- The output OUT output sensor module can be directly connected to the IO port of the microcontroller, you can directly direct a 5V relay.
- It has a pair of infrared transmission and reception tube, infrared tube emit a certain frequency, when the detection of the direction encounter obstacles (reflective surface), reflected infrared receiving tube, after the circuit comparator processing, the indicator green at the same time Signal output interface to the digital output signal (low level signal).
- Can be used for 3-5V DC power modules. It has red power indicator.
Additional Info :
How To Choose Your arduino infrared sensor modules
If you want to purchase products like the arduino infrared sensor modules, you need to follow a buying guide. Some features need to tick your product before buying. Let’s take a look at them:
- Price: Online purchase has been renowned for offering items at the best possible prices. As such places have networks with many dealers and manufacturers, sellers offer the best deals. Moreover, there are no intermediaries, which lessens the additional costs.
- Reliability: As online stores portray customer reviews, purchasing them boosts reliability. If faced with any defect, there is a scope for you to change. Some stores have excellent customer service, pushing you to buy from there.
- Convenience: Who does not love convenience? Having everything as per your wish is something to die for. Buying a product from an online store is such. You do not have to worry about the time, the place, or the crowd. Everything happens when you want it and how you want it.
- Functionality: Check out your arduino infrared sensor modules functionality when you buy it. An easy way to do that would be to check the specs. Remember, the more vast the specs, the greater your product’s functionality.
What to look for when buying the arduino infrared sensor modules?
The products in the market are manifold. The variety of products is so high that it may be confusing to choose the right one for you. This is why we have created this guide for you to help you pick the right arduino infrared sensor modules easily.
1. The authenticity of the Online Shop Website
I did mention earlier that shopping online is very convenient yet it’s tough to know whether the shop is genuine. Everyone can seem to create an online shop with a couple of photos and prices just to be seen as legitimate. To know whether it’s genuine, make sure to look for the following:
- Contact Details — make sure to contact them first before buying to ensure that there would be someone to attend to you and you can understand further about their service.
- Website Layout – browse and feel if the site looks professional. How’s the quality of the images and more, that you can potentially find from the content of the website itself.
- Website Encryption — when buying from a secure website, you’ll always see the following in the address bar:
The padlock icon in the URL bar and the “s” in the “https://” means that your communication within the website and your computer are secured and encrypted online transactions.
2. Product Details
There are many important factors that you always have to look at. Especially if it’s something, you’re going to wear or even consume. It can be material type, ingredients, benefits, sizes, etc. The more product details, the better.
3. Compare Prices of Similar Products
If you’re not a frequent online shopper, you might find few items with good deals. But don’t let these deals trap you, do make sure to compare prices first of the similar products to other online shops. With so many online shops offering the same items, you’ll be shocked that some of them sell at a higher price than they are supposed to. There are so many websites out there that can help you check and compare prices.
4. Returns, Cancellations, and Refunds Policies
It is a very important part to know when buying items online. It’s good to know how the company handles returns or cancellations of items and whether there would be any refunds in any case. Purchasing online will always be risky because we usually cannot verify the quality of the items. Therefore, having the knowledge if there would be a refund will be a great point to consider if the items won’t be the same as expected.
While online shopping has made it easier for us to purchase anything we want worldwide, sometimes it can also be tricky. Say the shipping, if we bought it locally – usually will only take a few days but if we bought it from the international shop – then likely we have to wait for more than weeks, which I believe we don’t have an issue with that especially if we’re informed for the estimated delivery date. But it’s a matter of what if they ship it to the wrong address or there would be a longer wait than expected. Another thing that we’re also particular with especially buying international items would be the shipping fee – most of us don’t mind buying more to get free shipping. And there are just some of the online shops’ techniques to encourage customers to buy more and think that we’re saving money for the shipping fee. Lastly not to forget to have the tracking number of monitoring the progress of the delivery of your item.
6. Secured Payment Method
this is the most crucial part when purchasing online; sharing your credit/debit card details. Options to pay via credit card, debit card, and Paypal or other Third-Party payments are considered secure. Also, try not to make any online purchase when using public wi-fi or mobile apps connected to a public hotspot – it can be potentially easy for hackers to steal your information.
7. Be alert for Scams and Fraud
This never-ending story through calls, emails, and even contacting us through social media for these people to try to steal our information. Be wary and do necessary actions if you think you’ve encountered these tactics. Don’t open any suspicious links, don’t easily provide your particulars over the phone, make sure to ask a couple of questions to verify whether the call is not a fraud/scam. Check the person’s identity through other social media accounts if he/she exists. If you experience scamming, make sure to call your bank and police if needed. And do check your bank statement often, especially if you frequently buy online.
8. Customer Reviews
Finally, to check the reviews. How can we know that the reviews are not fake ones? Thanks to social media, these online shops nowadays have their social media accounts. That’s the best place to try to contact them and view more real/organic customer reviews. This is also perfect for reaching out to those who tagged the shop and understanding their experience. On that, you’ll have a more secure feeling before buying items online.